Lo & Behold
Taking a local brand digital
Lo & Behold is a stunning natural skincare brand created by Lizzie Chadbourne that creates 100% natural, non-toxic, and responsibly sourced products. The company had achieved consistent, organic growth over the last 10-years through purchases at markets and through retail as customers were in love with the beautifully scented products made from ingredients sourced from local women-owned farms. However, Lo & Behold needed a digital strategy to begin building relationships with new customers that would order directly from their online store.
Lo & Behold already had a strong brand developed through their collaboration with a local female artist and through high-end product photography.
However, in order to get to the next level, the brand needed elevated storytelling, clear messaging, and identify new opportunities to engage with customers.
Noel & Co. worked with Lo & Behold to create an ideal customer persona. We then identified opportunities along the entire "marketing funnel" from building product awareness > inspiring consumers to get engaged with the brand > making a purchase > becoming a raving fan to begin building relationships with customers.
To support the Lo & Behold team in becoming savvy digital marketers, Noel & Co. worked with them to create a clear digital strategy across multiple channels.
Facebook & Instagram Advertising:
- Trained the team on how to use the Facebook & Instagram advertising manager, including the creation of a training video
- Created a test advertising campaign using two marketing videos to identify which content would be most engaging. One of the two test campaigns led to a 3.4x immediate return and the campaign as a whole generated 5,898 brand impressions.
- Recommended increase e-mail marketing to weekly e-mails. This led to an initial increase in sales before leveling off. However, in the long run, we anticipate it to keep the brand "top of mind" with customers.
- Given the brand's high engagement on Instagram, set a goal of making 8-10 Instagram stories each month.
Instagram Tiles Strategy:
- Created a grid with recommended content topics to begin creating a consistent messaging strategy and better-incorporating storytelling
Noel & Co. recommended Unity Web invest in implementing the Entrepreneurial Operating System as a strategic system for management.
Noel & Co.’s participation in the process led to the development of a two-page high-level business plan that clarified Unity Web’s target customers, core focus, and strategic direction.
Noel & Co. has also worked on marketing strategy for both Unity Web Agency and played a consultative role with a strategic marketing retainer client.
This work has included:
- E-mail Marketing
- Lead Magnet Creation
- Professional Photography
- Blog writing
- Multiple platform campaign development
The improvements to Unity Web Agency's marketing & business development processes allowed it to land more qualified leads, grow their team, and cut their expenses so much so that their net profit increased by 400% in one year.